Well this should be interesting. Fleur de Lisa has tagged me for an "Eating Out" meme. Haven't eaten out tonight......drinking in. I am not responsible for whatever I may post here. :)
Here are the rules:These are the rules:
1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country in which you live.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
There are boucoup restaraunts in New Orleans, as you know. Many I haven't been to and many I haven't been to in a long time. So I will just post the top 5 memorable ones.
1. Commanders Palace - My FAVORITE restaurant, hands down! Consistently delicious food and they serve you like royalty. Impeccable service. I have never had a bad meal or dining experience there. We always request the Parlor or The Garden Room for seating - beautiful views from the second floor. Fresh, fresh, fresh seafood with a medley of ingredients/flavors that will always please your palate. If you go in the spring be sure to get the strawberry shortcake for desert made with uber fresh Ponchatoula strawberries and a sweet biscuit with cream. Heavenly! Oh, and during the week they offer $1 martini's. Woo Hoo! One will do!
2. Mandina's - A neighborhood restaurant with basic Creole-Italian cuisine.....comfort food for New Orleanians. Great turtle soup, gumbo and trout almondine. Great red beans and rice. Great veal and spaghetti. Get there early!
3. Casamento's - First you have to know I LOVE oysters. This place has the best oyster loaf in the world. Nothing can beat it. Great oysters on the half shell too. Yum, yum, yum!
4, Johnny's Po-Boys - Another great oyster po-boy place - in the French Quarter. Nothing fancy, just great po-boys.
5. Five Happiness - Chinese - Love their Shrimp Egg Foo Young. I had it just last week. My office does take-out from there alot. It was one of the first places I dined when I moved here many moons ago.
I'd like to tag some of the NOLA bloggers to get their recommendations, but I don't find they participate in this kind of thing too much. BUT if any of you want to, please do!